This build is another quick one with a lot of incremental improvements – nothing groundbreaking but some more smoothness.
I should note that the owl head was super difficult to transfer faithfully to pixels – while I’m not quite happy with it yet I figured I shouldn’t spend too much time on it when there are other, more pressing things. A roundup of the new heads available:
- Dovahkiin Helmet – tribute to Bethesda’s great game Skyrim, unleash your inner Nord, or whatever :^)
- Owl head – If you really like being an uppity bird that eats rodents, this is for you!
- Ninja Headwraps – partly via JTG, these two heads (male and female) are for those interested in poisons, murdering, and saturday morning cartoons.
- Ushanka – Pay homage to russian heritage, or just keep your ears warm.
- Dragon Skull Helm – left over from the old whiter bear helm, this gives the player a fearsome look, with team colour trim!
- Doors fixes
Hitting the tiles behind doors shouldn’t happen any more.
Doors also show persistent damage after being opened and closed (note that this had no affect on their actual health!)
- Fake techs in CTF cleared properly
No more bomb bolts for free on nextmap!
- No coins on restart
Should help the game “scale up” a little better – as it was it’s a little spammy, right out the gate.
- Anti-Siege and Sapping Bomb arrows
Bomb arrows will now 1 hit kill a catapult, and take large chunks out of walls, allowing archers to carve pathways for their team and defend effectively against siege engines if they have the coin.
- Particle optimisations
More on their way, as well as the much needed optimisations to catapult rocks!
[modified] snatchmark map
[fixed] JTG_NewGetisburgMines map not loading properly
[fixed] fake techs in CTF not cleared on next map (note: requires adding UseFakeTechs.as to gamemodes where fake techs are used)
[added] updated monsteri ctf 2 map
[fixed] opening and closing door visually hiding the damage
[added] builder cant break door backwall before breaking the door
[added] Verrazano unique head (congrats)
[added] owl head, dovahkiin helmet, animu ninja head, ushanka, and dragon skull helmet
[modified] heads settings box has 6 heads per row instead of 5
[modified] catapult cost increased to 80c
[modified] bomb arrow one hit kills catapult
[modified] no coins on map restart/join game of CTF
[modified] particle iterations drastically reduced
[modified] maximum particle count reduced
[modified] tweak in tutorial
[modified] performance optimizations to lighting
[modified] some optimizations in scripts