Hey guys, trying to keep up the rhythm of the weekly updates! Let’s get to it!
Trench Run News:
We’ve got some big news about the future of Trench Run, but we’ll save it for next week. This week has been huge for KAG, so I won’t steal their thunder!
King Arthur’s Gold News:
This next patch coming is a double-whammy of requested features and fixes and halloween spookiness. This is probably the biggest release largely handled by the interns, so please, give them your support!
We had a lot of laughs testing out the spooky event features!
Verra has merged in a plethora of modding and server hosting enhancements.
- Fixed the infamous “infinite mod redownloading” bug
- Render account avatars in-game
- Lots of AngelScript error improvements (errors in #includes output correctly, lines matched to errors correctly)
- Memory leaks and file handle leaks investigated + fixed where possible.
- Limited the size of the backlog kept in console (very important for stability of long-running servers)
- Removed the printout of blob creation (-> drastically reduced log size)
Other miscellaneous fixes and extensions to the engine include:
- Sound volume getting set 100% all the time
- Music “bursting” at the start of each track
- primitive character name tab-complete in the chat box
- extended TCPR functionality
Skinney and Verra have worked together on several gameplay changes as well:
- Halloween content and a new “holiday” framework for recurring events.
- Trampolines now cannot be folded, have a “reset time” before they can bounce something else, and work while held.
- Mines do substantially more damage to tiles, ignore shields, and can be converted between teams if you pick them up before they deploy.
- Arrows do not collide with other projectiles.
- Spawning issues in CTF are mostly fixed, including spawn timers resetting and spawning at contested points.
As always, these changes are not final or inflexible, but we’d like you to give them a good thorough play before giving any feedback.
Full Changelog: [modified] scoreboard name color [modified] Holiday.as, increased holiday length of all holidays to 3 days (one day either side). [added] gregs, and necromancer tricks. [updated] madracoon head [fixed] builder placing blocks will inventory open. [added] spooky ghosts. [fixed] another case for spawning on converting vehicles. [added] Mine icon to kill feed [modified] Arrow.as, arrows don't collide with other projectiles [modified] mine; blob_damage(+0.5), map_radius(+8.0), damage ignores shields, can be picked up by enemies while not primed (changes team and owner) [added] new common script, GenericDestruction.as [updated] CTFShops to use new script, GenericDestruction.as [fixed] spawning at old spawn if under raid. [modified] repsawns menu closing after one click. [modified] respawn menu locks with under 2 seconds to spawn. [fixed] type missmatch in ctf gui [modified] trampolines now setVelocity to a flat value [fixed] path resolution for interactions icons on linux. [added] server browser minimaps [fixed] infinite redownloading bug. [fixed] swapping to spectator messing with votekicks [fixed] sound getting set 100% all the time [added] primitive tab complete to chat console uses usernames of all connected players (as lowercase) [fixed] music is too loud for a split second on starting [fixed] interaction icon path resolution on linux. [added] player avatar image access [added] CDriver::hasShaders for testing if you should bother doing shader related stuff (or avoiding doing stuff that relys on them to look good) [added] tcpr() function to print just to tcpr (with optional debug stuff to print it too) to control bandwidth [script][added] bool GUI::hasIconName( string iconName ) [fixed] File lock causes assert if applog hasn't been initialized. [modifed] added library linking to nolauncher/forceupdate/runlocalhost for linux clients. [modified] filelock to have an option to turn off error reporting. [script][modified] default scoreboard doesnt render if script scoreboard used [fixed] file permissions issue. [fixed] Mods folder path.