Exciting news, today marks the pilot release of Trench Run!
This is a build for supporters that pre-ordered the game (you can still do that here!).
Some new features include:
- Play on EU or USA lobby
- an initial implementation of coins economy
- a band
- servers to support a symultaneous population of about 80 concurrent people having nonstop games.
If we start to see exceptionally high wait times, we can add more servers. By our maths that shouldn’t happen unless it goes seriously viral (tell your friends!).
Looking forward to meeting you in the bar!
We’ll be entering a more iterative development period as of this build. This means more regular updates with smaller changesets, to pin down any gameplay issues and bugs as soon as we can. While we’ll be less active over the new year period, early 2016 should be an exciting time for Trench Run.
For those that havent got a key, you can get one HERE!
Important limitations to keep in mind:
- If you skip reading this and then ask about something that’s already explained, you’ll look silly.
- Use your KAG or THD account or create a new one here
- This build has no free online play, though you can check that it runs and play offline without the need to log in. If the previous versions of Trench Run ran well enough for you, there’s no reason this one should be much different.
- Gameplay issues from last free test have not really been addressed (medic, engineer and commando actions will be improved!) with all the work to get the supporter release done. We will be addressing them as soon as we can.
- Some of the coin sync logic still needs work – as such you may not see your coin changes show up instantly. Coins are NOT shared between regions.
- Drunkenness is not synced properly at the moment – you will stay drunk as long as you keep the client open, with some limitations. Drink wearing off (and being re-applied if you try to get out of it early) will be implemented in later versions.
- We’re keeping it to one lobby per regions for now. We’ll be happy to add more once the game’s population can fill them.
- Skins are not currently available.
Despite these limitations, we hope the community will welcome a play-anytime Trench Run experience. We will be using the following weeks to gauge your interest and gather feedback on the game.
Please leave any and all feedback on the Trench Run Forums, which we’ll be reading carefully in the coming weeks.
Again – if you havent got a key, now’s the time to grab one HERE! (If something looks fishy about the website – try clearing the browser’s cache.)
Max, Michał & Lucas