The next Trench Run Free Preview is here, this time for one weekend only – servers go down Monday 4pm UTC!
For this preview weekend the servers are hosted in EU. We weren’t able to get the backend set up on the USA box in time, sorry about that!
Changes since last time:
- More Servers! 2 skirmish and 3 run servers for dramatically increased capacity. Tell your friends!
- New Backgrounds and some colour tweaks.
- New Run Maps with a more easily defended “finish line” and simpler terrain. This means there should be much fewer run-by wins.
- Changes to Skirmish Maps.
- Run renders the distance for both teams (if its 150m or less) so you can see who’s winning the race.
- Experimental Commando Changes:
- Spamming slash slows your movement speed to make more tactical stabbing required.
- Flashbang is a small area instead, and you have 3 uses.
- Experimental Medic Changes:
- Medic drops combined supply + medkit rather than healing with touch.
- Medic gets one supply per 5 seconds
- Experimental Engineer Changes:
- Crates are thrown in a straight line when moving rather than an arc.
- Can jump off the rocket.
- Lots of minor bugs fixed!
- Chat still sucks – we haven’t had time to get the 10-way chat system up yet, but its top of our priorities for next time around.
- Medic GUI sucks 🙂
- Medic Resupply seems buggy and has problems with healing the enemy
- Commando Flash is less useful – we’re considering a proper flash grenade if the area-flash is going to stay.
- Commando Flash is visible at end of round temporarily.
- Engineer Rocket is still “Laggier than your mother” – we’re working on a new firing system to make it lag-agnostic but it didn’t make it for this release, sorry!
- Engineer Crates still suck – we’re looking for good alternate abilitites. I’ll tell you about our plans soon to get your feedback.
- We’ll be putting up preorders once we have a supporter version ready for consistent play. We dont want to sell the game before we’ve settled 100% on a price and can offer something in return for the money – we’re still not 100% that this will all work at a larger scale.
- If you want to support us, there are some things you can do other than buying the game!
- sharing the game on social media
- getting cool gifs and screenshots for us to share
- reporting bugs
- getting excited!
That should keep you busy until we can get something more permanent into your hot little hands. Lets just say we’d love to make it a Trench Run Xmas!
That’s it! Get your friends on board and see how those servers hold up!
Max and Michał