The engie is still no slouch!
New build is here addressing most of the issues with the Build 9. Engineer balance has been addressed a little, many bugs have been fixed and some more lobby content has been added.
- Engineer now has limited bombs (3) so they cant camp forever or afford to spam them.
- Engineer bot is no longer afraid of everything (still not wonderful though)
- All bots forage for ammo when out instead of continuing to mash the trigger
- Added class costumes and femme bounty hunter costume
- Helpful Billboard added – will contain game news and shows new players which way to go for games.
- Reworked coins – limit is 200 coins, 2 gained coins per win, prices of permanent items adjusted upwards as a result. This makes consumables (beer, cigars, music) more affordable in the short term.
- Coins given for ties other than total stalemates in Run. No coins will be paid for all-timeout games but in cases where each team has at least 1 point, both teams will be paid out.
- Cooler looking fireworks
- Added warning about costumes/pets replacing existing ones.
- Strange Crashes and spawning wrong objects in solo after disconnecting from online fixed (at the expense of loading time for now)
- Player information not held on lobby server between games (avoids cached information making people think they “didn’t get paid!”)
- Engineer remote bombs dont reflect bullets any more
- Fixed weird “stepping forever” noises in lobby (it was the bouncers entertaining themselves)
- Fixed cant shoot someone crouching from above as sniper
- [Experimental] Added background to hover messages to make them much more legible. Might be best to remove these from the small in-game ones but keep them on the shopkeeper explanations
- If trying to pick up someone elses pet it says who the owner is.
- Score cap in skirmish is 8 (slightly longer games and fewer 1-round matches)
- Added friendly bot names
- Fixed missile “grabs” other explosives – now they explode.
As you can see, there’s a fair bit changed, but it’s mostly little stuff. We hope you enjoy the variety available from the class skins and the less dominant engineer. Next build the class will likely be renamed, but we’ve yet to settle on a name. Look forward to seeing you in-game!
Reminder that you can buy the game here for a mere $8!
Max & Michał