There is a bug in the current game version causing outposts not to give out supplies on start (like the tent does). However this might also be a feature. How would you like it to be in the next version?
What’s coming this week?
Hey guys, figured I’d run something by you with a picture to boot that I think would help cut down on griefing – a server lobby.
We’ve all been a part of a game where someone logs in, bombs an outpost and leaves, or starts cutting up the castle, or something equally unscrupulous.
I figure a server lobby and the ability to lock teams and prevent people joining mid-game would prevent those sort of frustrating events because you’d know who you were going to play with before jumping into the game.
The server lobby would also serve as a configuration GUI for some of the more pressing options – Game rules, which map file or generator to use, whether teams are locked in-game, whether players can join mid-game, whether to only allow registered users, whether to only allow paid users, the minimum reputation to allow users to join, etc. Server admins could elect moderators to change some of these settings in their absence.
I think preserving the ability to have a fluid base of players would be important to some people so note that there’d be the ability to turn off all the additional options and even the lobby itself – ESPECIALLY TEAM LOCK AND JOIN BLOCKING.
So, KAG players, what’re your thoughts? This may or may not happen but we’re interested in what you think of this possibility.
(This is only a workaround until we get a proper OSX build up and running)
In his words:
It’s a pretty simple process. You just point wine bottler to the setup file, and it packages it all up for you. Takes 5 minutes. Only downside is that I often have to launch it a few times for it to actually start, but if you know that going in, it’s not a big deal.
If anyone with access to a Mac could try this and report if and how well it works, that’d be excellent – we’re still working on getting an OSX build together but this could let you get into the action in the meantime!
You should subscribe to the RSS feed to be informed first about any updates to KAG. Do it here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/KingArthursGold
Alternatively you can become a fan of KAG on Facebook to get your news there:
Lots of changes in the new version. A brief explanation:
There is a lot done in terms of gameplay balance in this version. Please see the changelog for details.
New block added: Gold Bullion
Used for storing gold. This feature is temporary so it might be removed once I add gold (and other materials) being dropped as items.
New block added: Drawbridge
This bridge block works similarly to doors but the other way around. Team members can freely walk on it but if an enemy steps on it, the whole bridge retracts. It is fragile though so you will have to think carefully how to use it for traps and such.
To prevent matches that last 1 minute and that are no fun I introduce a 2.5 minute warmup time before the match starts. In this time you cannot go past a red barrier in the middle of the map. You also can’t build catapults and outposts. On the other hand you get free 100 stone & wood in the tent at this time, so this is ideal to put up a nice defense. This makes the game much more interesting when there is something to attack when the game has started. The match countdown starts by default when there are 3 players on each team (modifiable in Rules/CTF/gamemode.cfg)
Changes build 71-80:
– fixed network map load memory leak
– fixed more network memory usage
– changed camera so it is less sensitive close to player
– fixed auto_bots spamming lots of bots
– added archer bow & catapult progress bar
– “friendlydamage_modifier” in gamemode.cfg works as it should (multiplies friendly damage)
– remade arrow damage
* the faster the arrow the more damage it inflicts
* max velocity arrow always kills (unshielded)
– added half second draw arrow time for archer (jumping is suppressed while drawing)
– fixed arrow hits not registering against wall
– knight shield goes down after powerful hit (fast arrow, explosion)
– fixed random disconnecting on map restart
– fixed spawning on enemy respawn
– auto team balance shuffles only new players
– auto team balance doesn’t allow to change teams if teams are unbalanced
– modified no vote time to 5 minutes
– empty servers are kept alive on master
– gold is at least 7 blocks underground
– minimum_players_inteam set to 3
– warmup/break time (increased to 2.5 minutes)
– can’t build outpost or catapult until match started
– barrier set (at 1/3 to 2/3) of the map until match started
– tent has automatically placed bedrock beneath
– fixed outpost capturing bugs
– more rock parts/debris to pick up after collapse (and they stay longer)
– new wooden parts after destroyed wood structures (pickable)
– builder can’t give materials to knight or archer (only bombs and arrows)
– fixed scroll lock in chat box
– bomb block damage is based on distance (the farther the less damage)
– outposts and catapults slowly regenrate damage
– fixed background castle destruction exploit
– added gold bulion block [temporary]
– knight jump velocity is same as other classes
– rearranged block menu so castle wall and ladder are closest to mouse
– removed pilar castle background wall change
– added drawbridge
– arrows can destroy catapults and outposts
– new team emblems
– fixed crash on outpost destruction
– fixed spike stone collecting exploit
– resupply happens automatically on team tent (every 10 secs)
– during warm up time builder gets 100 wood and 100 stone in tent [temporary]
– player labels are a bit higher
– fixed knight gore machine bug
– fixed catapult creation displacement
– door requires just 40 wood now
– scoreboard sorted by kills instead of deaths
– map is restarted on server after 1 minute of being empty and only after match has started
– archer can’t collect arrows while charging bow
– archer can’t jump with fully charged bow
– remade catapults to work more as close siege weapons
* cost half (120 wood)
* deal twice more damage
* range is smaller (1 screen)
* arrows damage
– captured outpost restores health
– respawning on outpost being captured take 2 times longer
– builder jump smaller down when placing blocks
– fixed outpost not resupplying on change class
– fixed castle background not depleting materials when placed on ladder
– castle blocks placed on castle background can’t be placed if nothing below